Music is the one thing that brings people from all across the world together. Diverse people have different musical preferences. Electronic music is extremely popular nowadays. Many electronic music events are also held all around the world, with large crowds attending. Trap music and Dubstep music are two examples of electronic music.
Dubstep Music Vs. Trap Music
Music is the common thread that binds individuals from all walks of life. Music appeals to a variety of people. People nowadays are particularly fond of electronic music. Electronic music festivals are also held all around the world, with large crowds attending. Dubstep and Trap are two examples of electronic music.
Furthermore, dubstep music is an electronic music style that originated in the United Kingdom in the early 2000s but was subsequently transformed by Americans into a very distinct style with the same, whereas trap music is an EDM offshoot that developed in Atlanta.
What is Dubstep Music?
Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music, also known as EDM. It is a new dance music genre that is a hybrid of 2 electronic music subgenres: “dub” music and “2-step” music. It began in Bristol and London in the 2000s and has since grown in popularity to be played all over the world.
Dubstep music has the following characteristics:
- Rhythm – Dubstep beats are syncopated and scrambled by default. The beats per minute range between 138 and 142. A snare or clap is usually added after each 3rd rhythm in the bar. This form of music was much more rhythmic in its early stages, involving more tapping on parts of the body with arms or any device.
- Wobble Bass – This is a characteristic of dubstep music that is sometimes referred to as “wub.” The prolonged bass note is altered to make it much more rhythmic in this style of bass. This type of bass is made by employing a low-frequency oscillator to modify the volume and distortion of a synthesizer according to the requirements. Wobble bass is a key component of dubstep music and is frequently preferred at nightclubs.
What is Trap Music?
Trap music is a subgenre of electronic dance music (EDM). It’s more of a hip-hop subgenre than anything else. It started in the early 1990s in the southern US. The name “trap” comes from the Altana colloquial term “trap,” which denotes a location where illegal substances are peddled.
This genre of music is known for having lyrical themes about drug addiction and urban violence. Synthesized drums, atmospheric synths, and tuned kick drums are used in this track. Snare drums and double- or triple-timed hi-hats are more prominent in trap music’s characteristic sound. It has a pace that ranges from 50 to 88 beats per minute.
Trap music lyrics used to be about general life and culture in the “trap”, as well as other issues including crime, street life, and the artists’ life experiences in southern American surroundings. Trap music’s major goal is to use string, woodwind, brass, and keyboard instruments to create an intense, deep, and hard-hitting ambiance.
Difference Between Dubstep Music and Trap Music
- Trap music is a pass between hip-hop and EDM music, whereas dubstep is a fusion of two electronic music subgenres, “dub” music and “2-step” garage. Trap music also takes a more energetic style.
- Dubstep music began in the early 2000s in London and Bristol, whereas trap music began in the early 1990s.
- Dubstep music has a BPM range of 138 to 142, while trap music has a BPM range of 100 to 176.
- Trap music is more on rhythm, bass, and a variety of tempos, whereas dubstep music is more about electronic and bass lines. Trap music also includes lyrics that speak to the southern American way of life.
- Dubstep music was immensely popular between 2009 to 2014, but it has since faded in popularity, although trap music is still very popular and rising. It also has a lot of different varieties that draw people in.
- Zomboy, Skrillex, Skream, Datsik, Bassnectar, Burial, Knife Party, Digital Mystikz, Flux Pavilion, and others are well-known dubstep artists. I., Wakka Flocka, Flosstradamus, Migos, Drake, RL Grime, Herobust, DJ Sliink, Baauer, Travis Scott, Yellow Claw, Young Thug, and others are well-known trap artists.
Dubstep music is a new dance music genre that is a hybrid of two electronic music subgenres: “dub” music and “2-step” music. Trap music is a hip-hop music subgenre. In the early 2000s, dubstep and trap music emerged in London and Bristol, while in the early 1990s, trap music emerged in the Southern United States.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.