ExtJs Vs. JQuery
ExtJS is launched by the GPLv3 commercial license while the JQuery is launched by the MIT and GPL licenses. These licenses allow for unrestricted usage within these two computer languages. If you have an open-source application that is licensed under the GNU General Public License version, you can use the ExtJS computer language absolutely free. Software that is not open-source will incur a few hundred dollars extra charge to get that commercial license.
Comparison between ExtJS and jQuery
- While ExtJS is more powerful, it cannot be used with HTML because it has simple features. JQuery on the other hand focuses on HTML element interactions because of its simple scripting language.
- ExtJS allows a page to reload again, even after it has been reloaded once. JQUery on the other hand does not have a refresh the page feature. Once a page has been reloaded once, it cannot be reloaded again.
- Using ExtJS could cause the server to overload since every time a JS call is made, it increases the number of connections. Jquery does not have a single possibility of server overload.
- Extjs is a combination of many other different technologies such as JS, DOM, CSS, and HTML which helps to increase its capabilities. Jquery does not have the capability to work with other technologies.
What is ExtJS?
This desktop application is very popular. It is compatible with applications such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera 12+. It is essential in speeding up application development.
It has a wide range of features and works well with technologies such as JS, DOM, CSS, and HTML. In simple terms, ExtJS is a computer language that is also a collection of several technologies rather than just one.
Due to its straightforward nature, it does not work well with HTML as Jquery does. Content is updated really quickly when the user uses the ExtJS without refreshing the page. While operations are taking place in the background, the user will not be able to see the data that is being exchanged on the page. It is a program that is simple to use and makes use of technologies that are already in existence.
ExtJs wants to make the internet a happy place.
What is JQuery?
- Application client deals with a lot of functions that were initially created by jquery.
- When overused, it slows down the users.
- It has many capabilities that are yet to be realized.
Difference between ExtJS and jQuery
- ExtJS is not free. It incurs a few hundred dollars to give it a commercial license. Jquery on the other hand is free and has open-source software.
- ExtJS is not complicated. It gives users an easier time while Jquery has a set of complications that give the users a difficult time.
- ExtJS does not depend on plugins for good functionality. Jquery on the other hand depends entirely on plugins to function.
- ExtJS has the capability of offline storage while the same is not present in jquery.
- Once you load a page, it is possible to load it a second time when using ExtJS. This feature is not available in jquery. A page can only be loaded once.
In conclusion, ExtJS and Jquery are the most used computer languages today. They are used to give websites an interactive feature as well as a great interface. They contribute to the attractiveness and efficient functionality of online applications. While they are both critical technologies, they are difficult to differentiate.
As technologies continue to emerge and to grow, applications need to become more useful for the user. The internet should be more fun to use. That is why technologies such as ExtJS and jquery are in existence.