League of Legends and World of Warcraft are two different online games. They come in different styles and modes. While League of Legends is a MOBA kind of game, World of Warcraft is an MMORPG game.
In the gaming world, League of Legends is known by the term LOL while World of Warcraft is known by the term WOW.
League of Legends Vs. World of Warcraft
The main difference between these two games is that League of Legends is a MOBA game while World of Warcraft is an MMORPG game. In terms of levels, WOW is a little more complicated than the LOL game. LOL has 11 million players and is more popular than WOW.
League of Legends is a simple game of the PVP. It is commonly known as LOL and is an online multiplayer battle arena video game.
LOL was released in 2009 and is a free-to-play online game. Players can be customized as it has a purchasable player customization option.
World of Warcraft is a PVE game that is a little complicated for beginners. It is an online multiplayer roleplaying game and is commonly referred to as WOW.
A company known as Blizzard Entertainment and based in America released the game in 2004. There are 10.3 million active users of this game. Players have the option of changing avatars as well as exploring an open game world.
Comparison between League of Legends and World of Warcraft
- LOL is a PVP game. It constitutes two teams with five people each that are at war against each other. The game has a custom map and allows players to control the characters of the game. WOW on the other hand is a PVE online game. It has Azeroth, a fantasy world. Players have the privilege of fighting with monsters and have limitless magical adventures.
- The developers of the League of Legends game are Riot Games while an American company called Blizzard Entertainment developed the World of Warcraft game.
- League of Legends was released on October 27, 2009, while World of Warcraft was released on the 23rd of November, 2004.
- The League of Legends game is in multiplayer game mode while the World of Warcraft is in multiplayer mode.
- League of Legends is a MOBA roleplaying game while World of Warcraft is an MMORPG.
- The League of Legends game can be found on platforms such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Macintosh Operating System. World of Warcraft on the other hand can be found on platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Classic Mac OS, and Mac OS.
- League of Legends is a free-to-play game which is not the case with the World of Warcraft game.
What is League of Legends?
The Riot Games released this online MOBA game. A custom map is made available for the players and it is a free-to-play game. The game was released on October 27, 2009, for the Microsoft Windows platform specifically.
League of Legends is a player Vs. player game. There are two teams that both comprise five players. The battle of each team is to destroy the Nexus of the team that is being opposed.
Both teams have their own Nexus. Game modes made available for this MOBA game include Summoner’s Rift, ARAM mode, and Dominion.
Anyone is free to install and play this game because it is free-to-play. Riot points can be bought by players using their own real money and can also add additional skin for the purpose of playing.
This is the reason the game has become a favorite for so many people and continues to be played over time.
The LOL game can be played on various platforms that include Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Macintosh Operating Systems. According to data, this particular game has reached a total of 115 million monthly players.
What is World of Warcraft?
Another name for this game is WOW. It is an MMORPG game. An American company known as Blizzard Entertainment came up with this online game in 2004. Players have the option of controlling a player avatar. There are landscape adventures that players can experience during this game. Players can also fight with monsters and interact with other players.
Features included in this game are Orcs and humans, Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness Warcraft 3: Reign of chaos. The game is played in a fantasy world and players have the option of interacting with nonplayer characters as well as exploring different avatars.
Winning players get rewards like gold and weapons. This is not a free-to-play game. Players need to pay a subscription fee. The game is only available on platforms such as Windows and Mac devices. The game has gained such huge popularity as there have been 100 million accounts already created.
Difference between League of Legends and World of Warcraft
- While League of Legends is an online multiplayer game, World of Warcraft is an MMORPG.
- LOL, that is the league of legends has already generated a fanbase of 115 million monthly while the world of warcraft has 100 million.
- LOL was released in 2009 while WOW was released in 2004.
- LOL is a free-to-play game and anyone interested to participate will only need to install it. WOW on the other hand needs a subscription in terms of payment to take part.
- Riot Games developed and Published the League of Legends game while World of Warcraft was developed by an American company known as Blizzard Entertainment.
- LOL is an easy game to play while WOW is complicated on so many levels.
In conclusion, we can say that online games have become very popular. Our lazy lives have found a way to revive through these available online games.
Apart from the bad and negative effects, these online games can have, they are also a way to build our strategic thinking and communication skills.
League of Legends and World of Warcraft are games that have gained high popularity within a short period. The games are different because they both require their own different specialties.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.