The Microsoft Office Standard and Office Professional are two systems of the MS Office that are used for reporting, writing documents, preparing projects on computers, laptops, and mobile phones. There are applications installed in these programs which are used overall by people all over the world.
Ms. Office Standard Vs. Office Professional
The one thing that differentiates the Ms. Office Standard and the Office Professional is the software used in both of them. Standard MS Office has provisions of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook, which are used for schoolwork and small business projects. Office professionals on the other hand have PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Skype, which are mainly used by professionals.
The Microsoft Standard Version is an MS Office system that has some basic applications, which assist in the creation of projects as well as preparation of documents. Students in college use it to study, do small business projects, and other home purposes. The version includes PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Word and PowerPoint can also be accessed through the Web using this version.
Large corporations and professional marketing on the other hand mainly use Microsoft office professionals. It is the professional version of the standard MS Office. It comprises access, PowerPoint, excel, word, outlook, and Skype for Business. All these applications can also be accessed on the Web using this version.
Comparison between MS Office Standard and Office Professional
- MS Office Standard is an application of MS Office that offers a platform for creating projects and documents. MS Office Professional on the other hand helps to offer more than just what the Standard version offers.
- MS Office standard is used for basic tasks such as small businesses, school assignments, and projects as well as home purposes. MS Office Professional is used by big businesses for documentation and professional marketing.
- Applications found in the MS Office Standard include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. Applications in the professional version include Word, PowerPOint, Outlook, Skype for Business, and Publisher.
- Tools on Ms. Office Standard are available on the dropdown menu while those on MS Office Professional are displayed automatically.
- The Outlook on Ms. Office Standard has basic features while the one on MS Office professional has advanced features.
- Video conferencing is not available on Ms. Office Standard but is available on Ms. Office Professional.
What is Ms. Office Standard?
This is an MS Office system that provides basic applications that help in the creation of projects and documents on the computer system. A whole lot of people use these applications all over the world.
College students mostly use the MS Office standard version, for home purposes as well as for small businesses.
You can find the tools available from the dropdown in the standard version of Microsoft Office. MS word is one of the most popular applications in MS Office. The application is used in projects and in the creation of documents, notes, assignments, and letters. It is an application that is extremely straightforward.
PowerPoint is another application of the standard version of MS Office. Data in this application is accessed in the form of slides which can either be pictures, videos, animations, or graphs.
Outlook is also an application under the MS office standard version that is used for sending and receiving mails. The application can also be used in the organization of emails as well as the scheduling of events.
The last application in the MS office standard version is Ms. Excel which is used to assist in storing data in the form of spreadsheets. The spreadsheets contain many rows and columns.
If you are looking for an ideal system that will help you store and share your content, Ms. Office is the ideal application.
What is Ms. Office Professional?
This is another version of Microsoft Office that is more advanced than the standard version. It is commonly used by big businesses as well as to conduct professional marketing.
Some applications available in this version are Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Skype for Business which can also be accessed through the web. Apart from these few applications that are also found in the MS Office Standard version, you can also get applications like access and tools that assist you in searching, sorting, creating, and formatting data.
You cannot compare the outlook features in the professional version with those in the standard version. The professional version allows an instant search of emails and allows a to-do bar which helps keep you organized.
Difference between MS Office Standard and MS Office Professional
- Office Standard is mainly used by small businesses and students and sometimes for homework while Ms. Office Professional is used by big businesses and for professional marketing.
- Tools in the MS Office standard version can be accessed from the drop-down menu where the user can select what tool they require from the menu. In the MS Office professional version, the taskbar is automatically displayed making it easier to select the tool one wants to use.
- Both the Standard and Professional versions of Microsoft Office have the Outlook application. However, the application is more advanced in the Professional version.
- Applications found in the MS office standard version include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. The same is available in the professional version but has additional applications that include Access and Skype for Business.
- The Professional Version of Microsoft Office has a provisional of video conferencing while the same is absent in the standard version.
In conclusion, these two versions of Microsoft Office are used for projects, documentation-writing reports which can be done using a laptop or mobile phone. The applications available in both versions are widely used all over the world.
There are basic applications present in the standard version that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher which are used for small fundamental tasks by individuals and small businesses.
There are additional applications like access and skype for business available in the Professional version as well as additional application features which are not found in the standard version. Both the standard and professional versions allow web access to their applications.